Friday, June 3, 2011

Willis, My New Sewing Buddy

While visiting my daughter last week, and overseeing her only son, a teenager, I managed to get in some long overdue sewing for her entry hall window.



They have in their home, three dogs, and now a cat that someone "dumped" on them when he was a mere kitten.  Willis, (his new name) has gradually worked his way into the home.  At first, he was an outdoor kitty.  And he had no luxuries.  I am fairly certain that he slept in the garage and had his meals delivered there, also.



Then this spring, during a horrible storm, my daughter allowed him in the utility room for safety measures.  She placed a pillow on top of the clothes hamper and introduced Willis to luxury.  The rest is history......

Now, our Willis, lives in the home, and sleeps on only the best she owns.  He rules the dogs and is King of his castle.


Willis was never far from my sewing machine as he was curious, I suppose.  The whrrrrr of the motor and the dancing of the needle, going up and down, did not phase him.  He seemed perfectly content.  I could hear him purring when I stopped to reposition the fabric.







Dear Sweet Willis ........I think you are a great buddy and a handsome cat!!


Thanks for stopping by today and may ........

you enjoy a "tea party everyday"!!







10 comments:

Connie Manes said...

Willis is adorable and looks very comfortable...lol

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

What a precious kitty! He certainly has no fear of the machine, does he?!? Our cat rules over our 2 doggies, too!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Mikey Fuller said...

Great story! I really want a cat some kind of bad, but had a bad experience with the last kitty I had. She's still around, but lives with my grandmother! The cat hates me!

Have a great week-end!

~Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage
www.shabbyfrenchcottage.com

Barb said...

Hi Phyllis, Willis is just too adorable.

So nice to meet another pink milk glass lover. :-)

Barb

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Phyllis...

Ohhh my gosh...if that isn't just the cutest thing that I've ever seen! Seriously!!! I do believe this is the first time that I have seen a cat curled up around a sewing machine...great photos, my friend! Well...Willis certainly is a very handsome kitty and a very blessed one at that! He seems perfectly at home in "the lap of luxury"! Hehe! Thanks so much for sharing this darling post with us...I just giggled!

I also wanted to thank you for coming by and taking a peek at my Tea Rose bedroom! I sooo enjoyed your visit and sweet note, my friend! Thank you!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Chubby Chieque said...

Hello dear Lady Phyllis,

Thank you so much for joining me in my home.

So precious moment when someone knock my door and I can share what I have in my simple Box.

Hope to see you again and me too here.

Hugs from a chilly Stockholm,
/chie

FABBY'S LIVING said...

What a cute sewing helper my goodness! I have no pets anymore, our 13 yr. old pug Ben died last year and I still miss him. I can see you love your kitty so much and I don't blame you, he's the cutest. Hugs, FABBY

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
I love this photo !!!
So sweettttttttttt.
xxoo Diane

Unknown said...

Love your table and love that cat! Joann

Unknown said...

Love your photos and love that cat!Joann